Monthly Archives: April 2013

Market Recovery Driven by Investor or Non-Investor Homebuyers????

The Campbell Housing Pulse Tracking Survey shows that the Investors, who have flooded the market in the past year, are not the only Homebuyers showing a strong presence in the non-distressed property market.  In March of 2013, at over 36%,non-investors purchased over 3 times the number of non-distressed properties than investors.  Another interesting statistic is […]

Read More

What if an accident happens during a Home Inspection…..who’s coverage applies?

Yesterday at an office meeting, a representative from All Pro Inspection Services spoke, saying that a small percentage of ASHI Certified Home Inspection Companies don’t carry the right kind of insurance.  What if an inspector accidentally breaks a flat screen TV with his ladder….who is responsible.   Believe it or not, it’s the Buyer (and you […]

Read More

Have you Checked your Credit Report Lately?

         Although credit scores play a crucial role in the home buying process, a recent survey done by FindLaw.com found that a whopping 22% of Americans have NEVER checked their Credit Report.  Out of the remaining 78% , only 46% of them checked their credit reports within the past year.  Another interesting statistic shows […]

Read More

Optimism Among Homeowners Continues

http://www.dsnews.com/articles/gallup-more-americans-expect-to-see-prices-rise-2013-04-22 A recent Gallop pole confirms that more Americans expect home prices to rise in their areas for the first time since 2007.  :ast year only 33% felt that optimism which is a testament to the visible recovery in the housing market in 2013.  Residents in the Western states show the most positive outlook where […]

Read More

Are we in another “bubble” that might burst?

http://www.dsnews.com/articles/investors-inventory-shortgage-catalysts-to-housing-rebound-report-2013-04-18 Some homeowners & future buyers have been concerned that the low inventory of homes & the onslaught of investors purchasing properties in our market has created another bubble.   Protek Valuation Services Home Value Forcast say otherwise, stating that they believe these factors have CONTRIBUTED to our Real Estate recovery rather than creating an artificial […]

Read More

7 Housing Markets That Are Roaring Back

7 Housing Markets That Are Roaring Back. It is great to know we are leading the pack!!  Phoenix is #1 in home price gains per Realtor.com for the month of February.  As a Realtor, this is something we know already as we are experiencing it first hand with more activity and higher sales prices.  Are […]

Read More

Valley Projected Population Growth Helps Housing Market

Population growth is a main driver behind metro Phoenix’s housing market. An optimistic estimate on the number of people who could move to this state in the next decade or two to be close to what the Valley enjoyed before the 2006-2008 “bust” in our housing market & overall economic downfall. A panel discussion on […]

Read More

Are Our Rising Home Prices Sustainable?

http://www.dsnews.com/articles/survey-71-of-bankers-say-price-increases-are-sustainable-2013-04-09 It’s great to see home prices rising in Phoenix & surrounding communities, but many homeowners (and buyers) are questioning whether this is sustainable or if we’re looking at something temporary.  Area lenders seem to be more optimistic regarding our housing recovery with 71% agreeing that our consumer health is improving.  This should help buyers […]

Read More

Arizona among top states in home-price gains in Feb

With US home prices jumping up by the larges amount in over 7 years, Arizona boasts to be one of the nation’s top “gainers”.  CoreLogic, a Real Estate data provider, stated that most of the larges gains were in the West where Nevada was #1, Arizona #2 & California #3.  Hawaii & Idaho rounded out […]

Read More

Renters: Is it NOW time to BUY?

The combination of incredibly low mortgage rates, rising rental rates, and very low inventory levels, those who have previously been renting their homes realize now is a good time to purchase.  The problem many are finding, however, is that there is stiff competition for the lower price point homes and many are put in the […]

Read More